Re: Diffe Hellman and IKE

Nick Gray wrote:
All

Can someone explain (or send me to a web site that does) the relationship between IKE and Diffe Hellman. I was asked today if the BSD was doing group one or two I am running ISAKMP and also using manual Keys.

Thanks Nix

Diffie Hellman is a way of building keys. IKE is a way of exchanging them.

http://rr.sans.org/encryption/algorithm.php  does a decent job
of explaining the relationship between IKE and Diffie Hellman.

A  google  search for:  ike "diffie hellman" faq key exchange
also turned up a number of good resources.

Mike Burden mwburden_(_at_)_onyxprism_(_dot_)_com