i386 minor install problem

I was doing an FTP install and after screwing up the name of the FTP server (I actually was trying to install while blindfolded and entered the FTP server in the Proxy field) the install app exited with no packages found or installed. No problem. But when I went to re-run the install I couldn't get past the disk initialization portion, no network setup, no selection of install method, etc, it just gave the finished message and the suggestion to halt to reboot. In the past I never had a problem just restarting the install without rebooting after screwing up the network configuration or package selection section. This time I had to reboot and all was fine.

Am I mistaken that I used to be able to re-do my network configuration and package selection without rebooting?

Thanks, Greg

Visit your host, monkey.org