Re: Network card advice

At 02:15 PM 11/7/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>> The system is a HP Netserver LPr with 2x PIII 500Mhz CPUs, 768MB memory
>> running 3.1 with the scrub patch.
>
>i would recommend an fxp, but i would also be surprised if a 3c905b was
>solely responsible for taking down the entire box

	I've had really bad luck with the HP LP/LH Netswervers.

That, and the box is only using half it's processing under Open.

You might want to swap it out for something else.

I second the fxp nomination, and I also like dc cards, too.
Signing off,

Joseph C. Bender
benderjc (at) benderhome.net   ;   jcbender (at) benderhome.net
This account is used primarily for reading and responding to mailing list
traffic and is not my main mailing address.

Visit your host, monkey.org