[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: help with serial console.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: help with serial console.
- From: David Thiel <lx_(_at_)_redundancy_(_dot_)_redundancy_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:48:54 -0800
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 12:33:41AM +0000, TapRoot420 wrote:
> echo "set tty com0" /etc/boot.conf
> As the machine was starting to boot it switched over to com0 with
> the message
> "switching console over to com0"
> Hyper terminal indeed was getting the console signal, and i was
> watching it boot, start daemons ie. ssh etc...
> When it got to the end of the boot cycle when it list the date,
> the console switched back over to the ttyC0. I was unable to issue
> any commands via hyper terminal but the regular console was working
Changing boot.conf only sets the serial device to be the boot console.
To be able to log in on the serial port, you need to edit /etc/ttys.
Visit your host, monkey.org