[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Broken Adaptec Driver in 3.2?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Broken Adaptec Driver in 3.2?
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:35:22 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
Ted Goodridge <tedgoodridgejr_(_at_)_acm_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> After I compiled the kernel (and made all the necessary changes per the
> minifaq), I rebooted the new kernel, only to find suddenly the 2940U2W is
> getting a PCI timeout. This does *NOT* happen when i reboot into 3.1.
3.2(-stable) also blows up rather verbosely on my 2940W (no U),
terminating in a "panic: HOST_MSG_LOOP with invalid SCB b".
> Am I doing something wrong here, or do I need to file a bug report?
Start copying down (or capturing serially) the kernel messages.
I'll do likewise and see whether I can raise smurph.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org