[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Serial Console Instalation
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Serial Console Instalation
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:47:03 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 03:42:54PM -0000, Dan Heaver wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to install openbsd on an x86 system via a
> serial console?
> What I would like to do is boot from a CD and get the output via a serial
> cable to my laptop,
> Is this possible ? Has anyone tried or had any experience of doing anything
> like this?
create a /etc/boot.conf containing "set tty com0" on your boot floppy/floppy
image on the CDROM. The FAQ has something about mounting these images to