Re: Troublesome autoselect with 3c905 (was: Re: slow NFSd on i386?)

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:56:31 +0100
Volker Kindermann <freebsd_(_at_)_secspace_(_dot_)_de> wrote:

> > I have the problem on cisco as well. The symptoms are a bit
> > different though. Instead of refusing to work, it has up to 70%
> > packet loss. Tried various autoselection / forced settings, but the
> > problem persisted. Anyway, Henning Brauer pointed me to some code or
> > some workarounds, as found in the icsphy reset code. I'll be trying
> > that out this weekend, hopefully sooner.
>
> did you get any results? I have this same problem (3c905B-TX stuck at
> 10 Mbps till I plug the cable and re-insert it). My switch is a D-Link
> DES-1016D.
>
> At the moment, I'm installing the 3rd october snapshot via http from a
> local server and the poor transfer rates seems to show lot of packet
> loss.
>
> A solution to this problem would be very helpful. Please contact me,
> if you need any further system information (dmesg, etc).

Well, I went to try it out, but my main test machine no longer has this
problem after I tried booting NetBSD & FreeBSD. I'm going to try and
reproduce it later this month, but I'm a bit strapped for time at the
moment. Glazing over the 3com drivers for NetBSD & FreeBSD I don't
really see much difference, but I still need to take a closer look at
their mii code.

// nick

Visit your host, monkey.org