flaming inadequate requests for help

On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 17:19:09 +0000, Margarida Sequeira wrote:
> If you weren't able to get a clue on OpenBSD 3.1, how do you expect to get a
clue
> on OpenBSD 3.2 ?
>
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 10:36:01PM -0500, W. Z. Hua wrote:
> > I want to know, if I want to install both GNU Emacs and XEmacs
> > on the system , is that possible. Because I cannot do that on OpenBSD
3.1!

Stop, both of you.

W. Z. Hua fails to provide an adequate description of the problem he
is encountering.  But Margarida Sequeira's response is nothing more
than a flame.

Both of you have some growing up to do.

When asking for help, you need to tell us what behavior you're seeing
as opposed to what behavior you were expecting.  You need to tell us
the procedure you are following to accomplish this.  Then it might be
possible to offer some constructive assistance.

And while this particular request for help might seem dim, flaming the
guy says more about the flamer than about the flamee.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell_(_at_)_parts-unknown_(_dot_)_org