Re: Can't we just get rid of the csh altogether? [WAS Re: PHP Fla

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 23:18:46 -0800
Jonathan Walther <krooger_(_at_)_debian_(_dot_)_org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 07:13:24AM +0000, Andrew Basterfield wrote:

> I wonder how feasable it would be to move the interactive stuff out of
> ksh proper into a dynamically loadable module, then it could stay lean
> and mean for shell scripting, yet be luxurious for interactive use?

Replace /bin/sh with a very basic sh interpreter and keep so ksh only
gets called for interactive use.

I set the options in /etc/shrc

# start /etc/shrc
case $- in *i*)
	alias ls="ls -F"
	case $0 in *ksh)
		set -o emacs
		bind ^I="complete-list"
	esac
	if [ -f ~/.shrc ]; then
		. ~/.shrc
	fi
esac
# end /etc/shrc

and I put 'export ENV=/etc/shrc' in /etc/profile

Dunno how other ppl do it.

--Andrew