Re: OpenBSD Printing Questions

All of the Windows systems that print through Samba have a native
Windows printer driver installed so the output going to the printer
would be whatever form of output Windows sends to a printer. I only
needed Ghostscript so the Postscript output from Unix programs would
print on my PCL-based printer.

I'm pleased with the output and have printed gobs of web pages from
Mozilla, Netscape 7.0 and Konqueror that look fine. I've also printed a
number of documents from OpenOffice that look good too. No one is
printing anything real fancy and I haven't heard any complaints about
the output quality from anyone so far.

I'm not sure any Windows users would notice anything since I assume that
"apsfilter" passes the output from the Window's print driver through
without any sort of filtering when a print job comes in via Samba since
it's in a format the printer can readily handle.

Tony

--
Anthony Schlemmer
aschlemm_(_at_)_attbi_(_dot_)_com