[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
/etc/mk.conf options for optimized binaries
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: /etc/mk.conf options for optimized binaries
- From: "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick_(_at_)_zill_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:14:51 -0400
- Reply-to: patrick_(_at_)_zill_(_dot_)_net
I recompiled kernel and userland (with COPTS=-mcpu=v8) on a Sparc-10
and noticed performance improvements.
Is there a list of what the COPTS should be for all Sparc variants,
and all x86 variants? What is the best option for my Athlon 1700XP
boxes, for instance?
What I would like to hear about are the best COPTS in mk.conf for:
Cyrix and VIA
SS10 (supersparc): use COPTS=-mcpu=v8
Sun5 etc (microsparc)
IPC/IPX/SS2 (to get best performance on these low-end systems)
Can anyone point me to a reference on this?
Visit your host, monkey.org