[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Oct 3rd snapshot to 3.2-stable
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Oct 3rd snapshot to 3.2-stable
- From: Marc Matteo <marcm_(_at_)_lectroid_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: 24 Oct 2002 21:54:09 -0700
Um, how upgradeable is the Oct 3rd (i386) snapshot for upgrading to
I have a client that created a machine with that snapshot with the
intent to go to 3.2-stable. When they asked me for my opinion on that I
just said "Uh... I don't know... I'll get back to you."
(I am aware of the "rules" that say snapshots are for tracking -current
and don't even try to downgrade from -current to -stable.)
So is a machine running the Oct 3 (i386) snapshot:
1) Cleanly source upgradeable via 'make build' or...
2) Forget the source, upgradeable via the 3.2 tarballs when they're
3) Hosed. Either track -current or start over with a fresh install.