From: owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org [mailto:owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org] On Behalf
Of Kit Halsted
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 10:41 AM
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Athlon/GigE hardware prefs

Apologies for the FAQ, but the landscape has changed since I last
built a server & a client of mine has just signed off on an ancient

I'm looking to build an Athlon server with gigabit ethernet & I'm
wondering what hardware is preferred for OpenBSD 3.2. I was
originally planning on going with an MSI K7-Master mobo, but that's
been discontinued for a while now. I was also looking at the D-Link
DGE-500T GigE card, but people seem to be running into problems with
bge stuff. Any pointers to currently available stuff that's working
well would be appreciated.

-Benjamin Franklin

"...qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
(...if you would have peace, be prepared for war)
-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Visit your host, monkey.org