[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: another *bsd kernel level vuln sploit (YetAnotherFake?)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: another *bsd kernel level vuln sploit (YetAnotherFake?)
- From: Hannah Schroeter <hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:50:54 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Schlund + Partner AG
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:37:05PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
>So has anyone tried gcore on it running, waiting for the password ?
I know what gcore is (had it on Risc iX), and some few times, I miss
something like that on obsd, too.
While attaching a debugger to a running process compensates a bit
for the lack of gcore (Risc iX couldn't do that AFAIK, due to a more
limited ptrace interface), gcore can make more permanent records than
some gdb session and in addition, it doesn't interrupt the affected
program's operation for too long, either.