[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: another *bsd kernel level vuln sploit (YetAnotherFake?)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: another *bsd kernel level vuln sploit (YetAnotherFake?)
- From: Hannah Schroeter <hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:50:54 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Schlund + Partner AG
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:37:05PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
>So has anyone tried gcore on it running, waiting for the password ?
I know what gcore is (had it on Risc iX), and some few times, I miss
something like that on obsd, too.
While attaching a debugger to a running process compensates a bit
for the lack of gcore (Risc iX couldn't do that AFAIK, due to a more
limited ptrace interface), gcore can make more permanent records than
some gdb session and in addition, it doesn't interrupt the affected
program's operation for too long, either.
Visit your host, monkey.org