[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: dev for terminal
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: dev for terminal
- From: Kirill Miazine <km_(_at_)_krot_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:12:20 +0200
* Jolan Luff [2002-10-18 02:06]:
> > moved it over to 3.2-snapshot machine). I put vi into the chroot area,
> > but every time I try editing a file it sais "not a termnial" (I enter
> > the chrooted area with ssh). Do I need a special device in /dev
> > (chrooted)? I ran /dev/MAKEDEV pty.
> look at /etc/fstab. /var probably has nodev.
Thank you for a swiftly reply.
My chrooted area is not under /var, but under /local/chroot. The install
script put /local nodev first, but I removed nodev when I started
creating devices in /local/chroot/dev. /dev/console and /dev/ptys work