Erasing disks with OpenBSD

I have a server that I recently replaced, and I would like to erase the
disks from that server to keep as cold spares for my RAID arrays that use
the same type of disk.  I erased the partitions with disklabel, but would
like to wipe any information on the disks, not for security, but rather so
that the disk is a blank slate if it is ever needed.

Can someone point me in the right direction, for what I would like to do?  I
thought that I could used dd to do this, but after reading the man page on
it, it seems that dd is only really used for imaging...

Thanks for your help.

Tim Donahue

Visit your host, monkey.org