Re: / filled up 94% - resize possible

> Make a symbolic link of /usr to /home/usr is a good start.

Just a thought, but why not back up the data in /home, delete the
partition used by /home, and repartition it into additional partitions
for, say, /home, /usr, /var, etc.?  Then restore the /home data into "new"
/home partition, which would be smaller.

Since he's a good ways away, I would think that you could accomplish
this while the system is up.

Then again, I could be wrong, so take this with a grain of salt, please
:)

--
Douglas G. Phillips
ITS/User Services