[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Apache WebServer on OpenBSD 3.1
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Apache WebServer on OpenBSD 3.1
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 04:46:04 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 07:58:12PM -0700, Nicholas Janzen wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Saad Kadhi wrote:
> > > I'm about to set up a web server (Apache). Are there any good hardening,
> > > setup links or websites about Apache on OpenBSD 3.1? I plan on setting it
> > > up in the next few weeks and wanted to read some before jumping in.
> > I'd wait for the 3.2 release which is due on Nov, 1st . The OpenBSD team has
> > hardened the base installation of Apache since 3.1 thru chrooting it and 3.2
> > will also feat a non-exec stack which can significantly help against buffer
> > overflows and such.
> Is non-exec stack going to be for just sparc, or for all arch's?
> Specifically i386.
yes, all (hmm, not sure about the really exotic ones), including i386
Visit your host, monkey.org