Problems w/ X on openbsd (3.1,2) -current

This frist cropped up on 3.1 -stable, I've since updated to 3.2, I've not
seen any recent changes in XF4, and in any case the behavior has not
changed.

Environment, T-23 thinkpad laptop, PIII S3-savage IXC chip / config which
has been working and stable(sic) on X11 since 4.1.99- (on linux).

Any ideas on the following would be appreciated (either on what's broken
or on how to get better diagnostics)

thanks.      elaine

------

2 problems

1. Apps which use hardware accel GL are causing segfaults in X

>From XFree86.0.log

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

The whole logfile is at:
http://www.fwsystems.com/build/openbsd/XFree86.0.log

Running X under gdb I was able to get the following backtrace

#0  0x51a38 in AllocDirect ()
#1  0x35bd2 in xf86SIGIO ()
#2  0x40147004 in ?? ()
#3  0x47c376 in ?? ()
#4  0x47dab9 in ?? ()
#5  0x3c8963 in ?? ()
#6  0x482a10 in ?? ()
#7  0x2e530a in ?? ()
#8  0x481062 in ?? ()
#9  0x474ca2 in ?? ()
#10 0x30513a in ?? ()
#11 0x22b565 in ?? ()
#12 0x26ffc5 in ?? ()
#13 0x2755fd in ?? ()
#14 0x56195 in Dispatch ()
#15 0x665bd in main ()

That and an assembler dump are in

http://www.fwsystems.com/build/openbsd/gdb_bt.X

--------

2. Using Enlightenment (e 16.5), color planes available to the WM become
corrupted. Only when using GTK applications.

This has been true using both 16bpp and 24bpp base resolution.

Using the Imlib config tool to make more memory available seems to have
helped some but not eliminated the problem. All is fine until 2-3 gtk
applications have been opened and then the color planes become corrupt.

Here are 2 snapshots:

http://www.fwsystems.com/build/openbsd/topbar.png
http://www.fwsystems.com/build/openbsd/4gtk.png

And what the topbar should look like: