Re: cron daemon doesn't start

> > On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 03:59:47PM +0200, is04607_(_at_)_salleURL_(_dot_)_edu said:
> > > Hi all:
> > >
> > > I have an openbsd3.1-stable machine. Every time I reboot the machine it
> > > starts all my daemons except cron. I have no fisical access to the machine
> > > so I can just look at the logs, but there is no information about cron
> > > daemon there. It is very curious because when I login on the machine and
> > > launch the cron daemon it starts without problems. Any idea about what the
> > > hell is going on here?

I have already solved the problem. To solve it I put some warnings
on /etc/rc until found which part of the code was broke:

echo "drios #1: " > /root/dummy.txt

At some part of this script system call rc.local to load specific
daemons to our system. I had put some buggy code at rc.local and then it
leaved /etc/rc without process the rest of the file.