Re: How long will older (90's) hardware keep working ?

> The other downside to older systems is that th BIOS may not handle the
> large hard drives. I know I went though this when I replaced old 2.1GB
> drive with a cheap 40GB drive. I've been told there are are add-in
> cards that put into these systems so they can handle the larger drives.
> I just set the jumper on the drive to make it look like a 32GB and my
> system recognized it.

On one server (running linux - don't know if this would work on OBSD), I
have a 100 MB HD holding only the boot & kernel.  Once the kernel boots,
it recognizes the full 20GB of the other hard disk & no problems.

--
Douglas G. Phillips
ITS/User Services