Re: How long will older (90's) hardware keep working ?

Hi,

My main concern would be old HDDs they will be the first to go...and at
times you will have NO warning....you'll reboot the machine and the
drive will refuse to spin up (heart attack while sleeping)the 75-200
series of the P5 era are rock solid. I run a few 133's and some P Pro
200's.

Other things are the obvious, like cooling for the cpu's etc...dust can
be a real problem in overheating.

Computers are kind of like cars, if you don't beat on them they will
last forever. ;)

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Robert J Connon
Senior Systems Administrator
Vancouver Film School
T (604) 685-6331 x130
F (604) 685-6317
W http://www.vfs.com

Vancouver Film School. Creative. Disciplined. Focused.