Re: zebra on openbsd?

Theodore Knab <tjk_(_at_)_annapolislinux_(_dot_)_org> writes:

> Would bgp be necessary if the device was simply funcitoning as a bridge ?

I don't see why it should.  OTOH, if you need to ask that question,
you probably shouldn't run BGP, at least not on the public Internet.
BGP is dangerous.

Basically, you run BGP in three places (maximum): On your border
routers, on internal routers that need to know the BGP routing table
(to make a better routing decision) or that you want to originate your
networks, and on route reflectors (that you use for debugging etc).

Oh, and if you run zebra, I'd recommend reading the zebra mailing
list.

--

Arvid

Visit your host, monkey.org