arp spoofing question

Hi all:

I have been reading a paper about arp spoofing and there is one thing that
I cannot understand: Machine A wants to comunicate with machine C. It
doesn't have its IP address so It generates an arp request. There is
another machine (B) using arp spoofing technics so it receives the arp
resquest form A machine, then, C and B will reply to A with an arp reply.
My question is: Why A use the B (fake arp reply) instead the C arp reply.
I mean, A receives two arp replies, why B is used instead C?

I know there is software to protect our computers against this attacks,
but why there is no code at kernel level which solve this problem?

What solutions openbsd offers regarding other operating systems?

Have a nice day.

Visit your host, monkey.org