mySQL install Failing

Hello:

I am trying to install mysql on OpenBSD 3.1 however I keep on getting the error below.

'EPSV': command not understood.
===> Creating mysql group, gid 40
===> Creating mysql user, uid 40
===> Using account mysql for MySQL, uid 40, gid 40
WARNING: Your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible with this MySQL version
mysqld should work normally with the exception that host name resolving
will not work.  This means that you should use IP addresses instead
of hostnames when specifying MySQL privileges !
Creating db table
Creating host table
Creating user table
Creating func table
Creating tables_priv table
Creating columns_priv table
/usr/libexec/ld.so: mysqld: libc_r.so.3.0: No such file or directory
Installation of grant tables failed!

Examine the logs in /var/mysql for more information.
You can also try to start the mysqld demon with:
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld --skip-grant &
You can use the command line tool
/usr/local/bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
database and look at the grant tables:

shell> /usr/local/bin/mysql -u root mysql
mysql> show tables

Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using --log
gives you a log in /var/mysql that may be helpful.

The latest information about MySQL is available on the web at
http://www.mysql.com
Please consult the MySQL manual section: 'Problems running mysql_install_db',
and the manual section that describes problems on your OS.
Another information source is the MySQL email archive.
Please check all of the above before mailing us!
And if you do mail us, you MUST use the /usr/local/bin/mysqlbug script!
pkg_add(mysql-3.22.32): install script returned error status

I have done a quite a bit of searching and I cant find what this means or anything that will give me an indication of what I am doing wrong, I assume that perhaps I am getting the wrong version of mysql, this is what I am doing to install it:

# pkg_add /[path-to-package]/mysql-3.22.32.tgz

and then it gives me the error above, I am doing this with a fresh install of BSD, I tried it 3 times already and it doesnt seem to work. And all times that I have tried it I have been logged on as root. does anyone know what the problem might be? do I have to do any Prep on the system before I even add the package such as create accounts and groups? Is there anything else that I am missing? I went to the openbsd.org site and i couldnt reallyfind anything on a mysql package all I found was this : http://www.openbsd.org/pkg-stable30.html

Any help would be really appreciatted it. Thanx!

fc

Visit your host, monkey.org