[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Current wireless network cards: What to buy?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Current wireless network cards: What to buy?
- From: "Arvid Grøtting" <arvidg_(_at_)_netfonds_(_dot_)_no>
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:33:59 +0200
- Cancel-lock: sha1:A42liq8+T/flsgMW7iV3bOmUhEo=
- Mail-copies-to: never
- Organization: No such thing.
I know that the new! shiny! D-Link DWL-650+ doesn't work with OpenBSD,
nor does the new! shiny! SMC EZconnect 2632W V2.
Now I'm worried that there may be other cards out there that will fail
miserably at working with OpenBSD, even if they have cousins that do.
So, has anyone here bought a recent PCMCIA 803.11b wireless card that
still *does* work with OpenBSD? Which one(s)?
I'm aware of the hardware compatibility list, but it seems to contain
mostly older cards, cards that may recently have changed names, or
cards that may recently have changed chipsets without a corresponding
Visit your host, monkey.org