Re: looking for a mail server that will run on a p100

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:03:51 -0500
"mr grip" <jhonold_(_at_)_bigfoot_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> you'll do fine for pop3
>
> how many imap users do you actually expect?  imap is a *HOG*

That would depend on what IMAP server you use, how may mails you
keep in your folders and lots of other things.
If your users want to keep their mail on the server IMAP is better thanPOP3.
Or if they're mobile or check their account from multiple locations.
I'd even say that IMAP is almost always better but maybe that's just me.

Unless you mean it hogs connections, wich it does a little more than POP3.
On the other hand, you wont have people loggin on and off every minute to check
for new messages.

---
Lars Hansson