Re: ftpd on another port

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 11:12:43AM +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| Yesterday I helped a friend install the 20020830 snapshot on his
| server. Install went fine, a minor glitch with pf/nat (which refused
| to nat to a device claiming I should specify an address family which
| is not possible according to pf.conf(5)'s BNF .. i should investigate
| this further, but the temporary fix was NATting to the IP address
| (which doesn't change that often)) but the machine is running smoothly
| now.

(Although not really related to the subject, this 'minor glitch' was
fixed by Henning. I'm posting this for the archives.)

Turns out the manpages weren't updated enough. The address family
*can* be specified. The BNF specification in pf.conf(5) should read
something like the following :

nat_rule       = [ "no" ] "nat" "on" ifspec  [ af ] [ protospec ] hosts
                 [ "->" address [ portspec ] ] .

I've seen patches which I dont understand but that are said to fix the
issue alltogether.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/