Re: Mozilla/Galeon

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 09:29:14PM +0200, Marek Blaszkowski wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 12:04:35PM -0700, Ben Goren wrote:
>
> > Either start digging really deep  into the Mozilla codebase or
> > run  Mozilla on  another  platform. If you  have another  Unix
> > machine nearby that's capable of running Mozilla, don't forget
> > that  X  is  network-transparent:  run Mozilla  on  the  other
> > computer, display it on your OpenBSD computer.
>
> Running  Mozilla  on  the  other computer  doesnt  help. I  have
> the  latest  Mozilla on  Linux  (working  w/o problem),  when  I
> try  display it  on  OpenBSD (2.9,  Xfree  4.0.3) Mozilla  stops
> responding after couples of seconds. Running mozilla with --sync
> doesnt help, too.

Peculiar. What about other X apps? Can you run xcalc or xclock? If
Mozilla is the  only X app you can't run  remotely, you might want
to try  VNC, which exports  a complete X environment  (desktop and
everything).

You might also want to try other transport mechanisms, such as SSH
X11 forwarding, even if it's on a local network.

Good luck,

b&

--
Ben Goren
 mailto:ben_(_at_)_trumpetpower_(_dot_)_com