Re: FTPd

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 08:17:38PM -0700, Geoff Sweet wrote:
> is it
> possible to change it so that when users log in, they aren't confined to
> their home directory and instead bind them to no higher then /home?
> That way I can add directories like "mp3" or something

  Use mount_null to mount the shared "mp3" directory in home directories of
users you want to give access to that directory :

mount_null /var/mp3 /home/john/mp3
mount_null /var/mp3 /home/joe/mp3
etc.

  Alternatively, some other FTP servers can follow symbolic out of home
directories, while preserving the chroot feature.

--
 __  /*-      Frank DENIS (Jedi/Sector One) <j_(_at_)_42-Networks_(_dot_)_Com>     -*\  __
 \ '/    <a href="http://www.PureFTPd.Org/";> Secure FTP Server </a>    \' /

Visit your host, monkey.org