PPP

Hi
I'm using OpenBSD 3.1 as a DSL-Router, and it works very well.
But sometimes, the connection dies. Since I call ppp with ddial, I
thought, the connection would be rebuilt automtically, but it isn't.
The ppp seems to freeze, since it doesn't log anything after the
connection is dropped.
Normally I get an entry every 5 secons in ppp.log, like this:
Aug 24 05:06:23 camelot ppp[14464]: tun0: LCP: deflink:
RecvEchoRequest(0) state = Opened
Aug 24 05:06:23 camelot ppp[14464]: tun0: LCP: deflink: SendEchoReply(0)
state = Opened

This is also the message I got just before the connection was
closed/dropped/whatever, then there is no entry for a few hours, the
first entry is from the new, manually established connection.

The only way to get the connection working again, is to kill both ppp-
processes ("/usr/sbin/ppp -ddial pppoe" and "/usr/sbin/pppoe -i rl0")
and to start them again by hand.
I thought, -ddial would do that for me.
Did I miss anything?

# cat /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command

pppoe:
 set device "!/usr/sbin/pppoe -i rl0"
 set mtu max 1444
 set mru max 1444
 set speed sync
 disable acfcomp protocomp
 deny acfcomp
 set authname "guesswhat"
 set authkey "wonttellyou"
 add default HISADDR

--
Fridtjof Busse
"C++: Hard to learn and built to stay that way."

Visit your host, monkey.org