Re: tcpdump started from newsyslog doesn't work.

Dug Song (dugsong_(_at_)_monkey_(_dot_)_org) wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 07:02:57PM +0200, Han wrote:
>
> try -current.

I just rebuild. I can say that the nfs bug I noticed was resolved ;) but
systrace doesn't work entirely right yes.

    [~]# systrace -a /usr/sbin/tcpdump -e -n -tttv -r /var/log/pflog
    syntax error
    /etc/systrace/usr_sbin_tcpdump:2: systax error.
                                        ^
A systax error: I still have to pay my tax for the system? Ow come on. I
bought a T-shirt and a poster.

And a bt.

    #0  0x1f in ?? ()
    #1  0x1088 in ?? ()

> > Does the "$USER" mean that I can use systrace and I can run  the  script
> > as a restricted user?
>
> it means that the program can only setuid() to the user who started it.
> not that anyone would have tcpdump be setuid root anyway...

Heh, ok. I solved that. :)

Cya, Han.

Visit your host, monkey.org