[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: tcpdump started from newsyslog doesn't work.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: tcpdump started from newsyslog doesn't work.
- From: Han <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 06:42:51 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Dug Song (dugsong_(_at_)_monkey_(_dot_)_org) wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 07:02:57PM +0200, Han wrote:
> try -current.
I just rebuild. I can say that the nfs bug I noticed was resolved ;) but
systrace doesn't work entirely right yes.
[~]# systrace -a /usr/sbin/tcpdump -e -n -tttv -r /var/log/pflog
/etc/systrace/usr_sbin_tcpdump:2: systax error.
A systax error: I still have to pay my tax for the system? Ow come on. I
bought a T-shirt and a poster.
And a bt.
#0 0x1f in ?? ()
#1 0x1088 in ?? ()
> > Does the "$USER" mean that I can use systrace and I can run the script
> > as a restricted user?
> it means that the program can only setuid() to the user who started it.
> not that anyone would have tcpdump be setuid root anyway...
Heh, ok. I solved that. :)
Visit your host, monkey.org