Re: new snapshots

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:12:33PM -0700, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> Usefully, you might have best luck by having it
> boot over the serial port (
> echo "set tty com0" >> /etc/boot.conf
>
> and you can monitor (and capture it) via another machine
> on the serial port.

Unless the panic doesn't happen when using serial console (ok, that's
Sparc specific). That's one thing I haven't found out yet: How do I
capture the ouput of dbb after a panic, short of typing a screenfull
of stuff into another computer? Which bit of information did I miss
(the "report" page doesn't say and neither man ddb)?

Cheerio,

Thomas
      Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org    ICQ#: 15839919