ldd & process accounting

Well, you learn something new EVERY DOGGONE DAY ...

I am quite surprised to discover that if you do the command ldd foo, it
seems you get a process accounting record for foo. I'm sure there's a
good reason for this, but it came as news to me that you can get a
process accounting record in some other way than actually executing a
process "for real".

Is there a way to distinguish these process accounting records from
those you would get by "really" executing foo as opposed to ldd foo? Are
there any other circumstances where you get a process accounting record
by simply "examining" a file?

--
#include <disclaimer.h>
INTERNET: jrosenberg_(_at_)_rossint_(_dot_)_net

Visit your host, monkey.org