Re: OpenSSL patch instructions bug?

Hi. When I follow the directions for remaking libssl,
  make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper obj
goes fine, but:
  make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper cleandir
fails with the following error:
  make: don't know how to make clean. Stop in /usr/src/lib/libssl/obj.
  *** Error code 2
  Stop in /usr/src/lib/libssl2 (line 710 of

Yes. This is an error on my side. If you have ever compiled libssl, this step will not fail, but on fresh checkouts it will not work.

I have updated the patch files with better instructions (thanks to pb@),
and updated patches should be available on all mirrors shortly.

The patch itself is *not* modified, there is no need to refetch it
and/or apply it again if you have already applied it.

The correct instructions are:

 	rm -fr /usr/obj/lib/libssl
 	cd lib/libssl
	make obj cleandir
 	make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper prereq
 	make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper includes
 	make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper
 	make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper install

What if we just disregarded the error and went ahead with the rest of the steps? I did and got a complete compile. Does that mean the resultant libraries are no good?

Visit your host, monkey.org