Re: OpenSSL patch instructions bug?

Hi. When I follow the directions for remaking libssl,
  make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper obj
goes fine, but:
  make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper cleandir
fails with the following error:
  make: don't know how to make clean. Stop in /usr/src/lib/libssl/obj.
  *** Error code 2
  Stop in /usr/src/lib/libssl2 (line 710 of
  /usr/src/lib/libssl2/Makefile.bsd-wrapper).

Yes. This is an error on my side. If you have ever compiled libssl, this step will not fail, but on fresh checkouts it will not work.

I have updated the patch files with better instructions (thanks to pb@),
and updated patches should be available on all mirrors shortly.

The patch itself is *not* modified, there is no need to refetch it
and/or apply it again if you have already applied it.

The correct instructions are:

 	rm -fr /usr/obj/lib/libssl
 	cd lib/libssl
	make obj cleandir
 	make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper prereq
 	make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper includes
 	make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper
 	make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper install

What if we just disregarded the error and went ahead with the rest of the steps? I did and got a complete compile. Does that mean the resultant libraries are no good?

-Rich

Visit your host, monkey.org