Re: findable, supported pcmcia ethernet?

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 01:09:09PM -0400, Brian Szymanski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After  searching 3  vendors  in town  for  PCMCIA network  cards
> supported  by 3.1,  I've had  no success. I  guess I'll  have to
> order the card online -  so... I was wondering what cards people
> have had success with, which to stay away from, etc.?

This has been discussed before; see:

    http://www.trumpetpower.com/OpenBSD/Meta-FAQ#hardware_choice

Having said that, I've got this in my laptop:

    ne3 at pcmcia0 function 0 "D-Link, DFE-650, Fast Ethernet" port 0x340/32:
irq 3

It's a cheapie that  I picked up a long time ago  at Fry's or some
such. It's nothing  you'd get  excited about,  but it's  done just
fine for me.

Cheers,

b&

--
Ben Goren
 mailto:ben_(_at_)_trumpetpower_(_dot_)_com