Re: disklabel and FAQ

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 06:20:36AM -0400, ed_(_at_)_overminder_(_dot_)_com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for help about disklabel.
> I have a disk with 2 partitions:
> 0 - 2GB	OpenBSD 3.1-stable
> 2 - 4.8GB	Debian Woody
>
> The only think I'm asking for is mounting a linux (ext2fs) partition.
> If I use disklabel I get the list of OpenBSD a,b,c,d with ID A6.
> If I try to add a partition disklabel says 'no space left'.

If you posted the output of disklabel it might help other people help you.
Try:

disklabel -d wd0
<replace wd0 with the name of your disk if it's different.>

That might show you your linux partition. If it does you'll have to edit
the label <disklabel -e> and add in the partition manually. You should
then be able to mount it.

If it doesn't help post your disklabel, maybe someone else can help.

jmc.

Visit your host, monkey.org