[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Boot process do not complete on hard drive
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Boot process do not complete on hard drive
- From: Philipp Buehler <OpenBSD_(_at_)_fips_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:13:52 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: Philipp Buehler <OpenBSD_(_at_)_fips_(_dot_)_de>
On 26/07/2002, David Maillard <david_(_dot_)_maillard_(_at_)_free_(_dot_)_fr> wrote Cc misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:
> > What is the disklabel output on this? Also, is OpenBSD within the 8GB
> > limit?
> The disk in it's entire is 28Gb there's 4 primary partitions (equally
> dividing the space), OpenBSD is on the 2nd one so it start at about 7 Gb
> (under the 8Gb limit).
And what exactly makes you believe in that /bsd and /boot are completly
below <8GB, if your slice is 7-14GB?
It pretty looks like that /boot is already behind it.
All of 'a' has to be below 8GB, or one day you will hit this problem
Philipp Buehler, aka fips | sysfive.com GmbH | BOfH | NUCH | <double-p>
#1: Break the clue barrier!
#2: Already had buzzword confuseritis ?