Re: Problem during "make build"

At 07:37 AM 7/24/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 04:23:23PM +0200, Andreas Pauley wrote:
>
>> What can I do about this?
>>
>> Jul  24 13:58:44  aragorn /bsd:  wd0d: uncorrectable  data error
>> reading fsbn 15226592 of  15226592-15226607 (wd0 bn 19167872; cn
>> 19015 tn 11 sn 59), retrying
>
>Sure sounds like a hardware error to me. I'd suspect bad blocks on
>the hard drive, but it could be  any number of things from a loose
>cable to bad RAM to bad firmware to who-knows-what.

	Yeah, have to agree here.  Check your power and drive cables (yes, power
too, amazing what happens when there's a loose connection there).

Though, I had something very similar happen to me twice (though I wasn't
doing a make build when it happened), that turned out to be the drive.

BACK UP NOW.  You won't regret it.

Signing off,

Joseph C. Bender
benderjc (at) benderhome.net   ;   jcbender (at) benderhome.net
This account is used primarily for reading and responding to mailing list
traffic and is not my main mailing address.

Visit your host, monkey.org