Re: ld.so losing directories? (& other questions)

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:21:12AM +0100, David Given wrote:
> Most of them I understand and have fixed. However, there's one thing
> that really puzzles me. ld.so has mysteriously stopped looking in
> /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. Now, I've fixed this --- just a
> matter of doing 'ldconfig /usr/local/lib' and everything started working
> again --- but I'm pretty sure I did not break this myself, and I don't
> know what I might have touched that might have changed the ld.so cache.
> What programs manipulate this, other than ldconfig? (My guess: none.)
> What programs call ldconfig? *Something* must have done this.
that's weird. what version of openbsd are you running ? have you tried to
"force" this by adding "/usr/local/lib" as arg for shlib_dirs in /etc/rc.conf ?

> Can anyone make any informed comments on BSD's buffer cache vs. Linux
> buffer cache, and anything I might be able to tweak to improve things?
man options(4) and look for BUFCACHEPERCENT

> The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may
> be legally privileged. If you have received this e-mail and you are not
> a named addressee, please inform us as soon as possible on
> +44 118 901 2999 and then delete the e-mail from your system. If you are
> not a named addressee you must not copy, use, disclose, distribute,
> print or rely on this e-mail. Any views expressed in this e-mail or any
> attachments may not necessarily reflect those of Tao's management.
> Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should scan this
> e-mail and any attachments for viruses. Tao makes no representation or
> warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments.
> Please note that for the protection of our business, we may monitor and
> read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).
>
> Visit our website at http://tao-group.com/

this is *really* annoying ...

--
Saad -- [pgp keyid: 35592A6D http://pgp.mit.edu]
[pgp fingerprint: BF7D D73E 1FCF 4B4F AF63  65EB 34F1 DBBF 3559 2A6D]