Re: pf vs ipf

Theo de Raadt <deraadt_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
>I have been thinking about renaming pf to ipf.
>Comments?

No. Too late. Additinally to the points mentioned by others, this
comes to mind:

Now,
[1] it's image loss, specially so close after the recent vulnera-
bilities.

[2] re-naming will produce ideas, like pf has holes and Theo was
required to use ipf code, secretely.

So,
[3] in the long run, Darren has won in people's minds because

[3.1] even _you_ are trusting rather in ipf than in pf;
[3.2] whatever has been said against ipf in the last year will hit
back against you.

Besides this, I feel it unfair to all, Daniel (and all others) and
Darren.

What are the pro's?

Visit your host, monkey.org