[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Splitting up the base install into ports-like packages
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Splitting up the base install into ports-like packages
- From: "T_(_at_)_W" <lsp93_(_at_)_xs4all_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 18:46:49 +0200
- Restrict: no-external-archive
Steve Shockley mumbled:
><x-charset iso-8859-1>> Has there been any plans/talk about splitting the
>base install into
>> components that can be installed/de-installed like packages??
>You may find that http://fugu.bsws.de is similar to what you're looking
>Modular installation sounds like a good idea, but it's unpopular with
Now we're sideways on the subject I have a request:
would it be possible as default to leave games out of the src and put it
somewhere else e.g. pkgsrc. I know it's a leftover from the past but is
there also another special reason to have it in the src tree?
My choice is that in my source tree I don't need it and I don't want it.
Visit your host, monkey.org