Re: perl 5.8.0

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 10:50:32AM -0400, Chris House wrote:

> At 10:41 PM 7/19/2002 -0700, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
>
> >Quoting Chris House (rodent_(_at_)_milink_(_dot_)_com):
> >
> > > Perl               5.8.0               is               out,
> > > http://dev.perl.org/perl5/news/2002/07/18/580ann/ .
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any gotchas to look out for when installing
> > > this on
> >
> >Aside from that big .0 at the end?
> >
> >You're braver than I am.  Lead on, let us know.
>
> Well, is it foolish to try it? Am  i certain to be bitten in the
> end? What release  do you recommend  i wait for? 5.8.2?  are the
> odd numbers at the end meaning the release is stable?

Personally, I'll wait for the version  that makes it into the base
install.

What'll let  you sleep  best at night? Do  you need  anything that
5.8.0 does that the version you already have doesn't do? Those are
the questions to ask.

If there's nothing critical to  the system on which you'll install
it, go wild, have fun. If  a multibillion-dollar bank depends upon
it...tread weeeerrry carefully.

Cheers,

b&

--
Ben Goren
 mailto:ben_(_at_)_trumpetpower_(_dot_)_com