[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: piping over ssh
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: piping over ssh
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:01:07 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
tedu <grendel_(_at_)_zeitbombe_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> Specifically, I'm trying to transfer audio data from a host with a player
> to a host with a sound card. Maybe there's a simpler way to do just this?
There are a variety of protocols/servers/client libs to transfer
(unencrypted, unsecured) audio over the network. The Enlightenment
Sound Daemon is probably the most popular and widely supported one.
See ports/audio/esound and the "esd" flavors to various audio-related
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de