[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: piping over ssh
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: piping over ssh
- From: Rick Wash <rwash_(_at_)_citi_(_dot_)_umich_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:18:42 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 11:40:48AM -0700, tedu wrote:
> Generically, here's my question. I'd like to know how to set up some pipe
> between two networked computers sent via ssh channel. Such that
> host1$ echo hi > ssh_pipe_file
> host2$ cat ssh_pipe_file
> would happen.
> Specifically, I'm trying to transfer audio data from a host with a player
> to a host with a sound card. Maybe there's a simpler way to do just this?
I have used nc(1) (netcat) to do that exact job. It would be easy to
set up ssh to forward a port and then use netcat to pipe the data over
the encrypted pipe.