Re: new laptop; new problems (xdm|apm|enlightenment|pccards)

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 06:29:17PM -0500, Joshua Steele wrote:
> I also have a laptop 'IBM 365XD' that has APM problems, exact problems you
> have pretty much.  If i am running in a console, and APM kicks in a
> suspend, it will not return back out, and reboot is the only thing that
> fixes it.  If its it X, and APM kicks in a suspend, the mouse movement
> will SOMETIMES bring it back, but not all the time.

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8000.  Yesterday, I was in single-user mode
and the screen blacked out after some lack of input (I was installing
a rather large list of ports).  I hit a few keys, but it didn't come
back.  Then I hit the screen brightness key, which brought the text
back.  Dunno if it'd work for you, just an observation.

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>