[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: openbsd 3.0 boot hangs
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: openbsd 3.0 boot hangs
- From: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx_(_at_)_luusa_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:09:00 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx_(_at_)_luusa_(_dot_)_org>
Anton V. Petrov wrote,
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> > It's a bug in 3.0, search the archives and you will find a
> > url with a description to solve the problem.
> Hm, it doesn't seem like bug... I was trying to do the same with 2.8 and
> was getting the same result :((
> I guess it's something wrong with BIOS or drive geometry...
Ah, ok, last time I had this problem, it was an old 486, and
a refresh of the bootcode (can't find the url) helped.
Probably your kernel is not reachable by the bootloader.
Please read the i386 specific boot instructions on www.openbsd.org
8485 D0CE 2743 656E 867C 5C93 0317 AFD8 BE21 BD90
Visit your host, monkey.org