Re: Virtual Consoles

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> begin  electrogrammati illius Arne P. Boettger
>
> >have you checked out screen? It is its own terminal multiplexer and
> >in several areas much better than virtual consoles.
>
> Why TF do these people tell me I want screen? No, I know screen
> and I don't want it. I want my virtual consoles.

While screen isn't exactly the same as virtual consoles, it does
provide multiple terminal windows. The same could be said for
xterms, which you mentioned as potentially suitable, but unworkable
due to memory limitations. You did not mention screen, nor (as far
as I recall) mention any specific requirements which screen wouldn't meet.

People suggest screen because it's a possible answer to the desires
*you specified*. If screen is unsuitable, change the spec so that's
clear.

[ Dave Taira <bodhi_(_at_)_hagakure_(_dot_)_org>                2002.07.11/14:33:39 PDT ]
[ Morlock for Hire                                                       ]
[ "I'm from a competing gene pool."                            --Brand X ]

Visit your host, monkey.org