[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dumping to remote file
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Dumping to remote file
- From: Tilo Stritzky <t_(_dot_)_stritzky_(_at_)_teles_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:02:49 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: Tilo Stritzky <t_(_dot_)_stritzky_(_at_)_teles_(_dot_)_de>
On 09/07/02 14:38 Richard P. Koett wrote:
> I currently backup some filesystems by dumping
> to a local file & then scp'ing the file to a system
> with a big hard drive.
> Any suggestions on how to accomplish this more
> efficiently? I don't even care about encryption,
> since this is a local, trusted network.
Ten minutes ago I did this:
first on your big_disk:
$ disk: nc -ln 44441 > dump_file
#machine_todump: dump -0 -f - wd0 | nc disk 44441
> I would prefer not to use R commands, NFS,
> or to install additional software.
Visit your host, monkey.org