Re: SoundBlaster Live under 3.1?

I haven't moved the card yet.  Judging from the older post,
that may resolve the problem.  However, it doesn't sound
like a true *fix*, that is why I haven't tried it yet (that
and it's a pain to open the box up and fuss around inside).
Also I think I only have one open slot... Anyway I figured if
I can't fix this in software, I will try that.

mpg123 misbehaves just like xmms: it will beep or make static
repeatedly, and then continue this way well after the process
is killed.

In xmms, I only have two choices for output plugin: BSD Sun
Driver 0.6 [libsun.so] and the disk writer plugin which decodes
the mp3 into a wav on disk.  So the BSD driver is my only real
driver to use.

I just disabled the onboard sound controller (that I didn't even
know my Asus K7V had -- no jacks or anything on the motherboard)
but to no avail.  Same quirks.

I just noticed from my dmesg that my ethernet card is also on irq 5
- -- is it a Bad Idea to share this irq here?

Devin